If you’re looking for some brunch ideas while staying on plan, then look no further. Make Mother’s Day Special with an eggs benedict brunch while also enjoying a glass of bubbly. Pick up everything you need at your local Costcutter.
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Juice of Lemon
- 2 Tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 15g Butter
- 4 Costcutter Eggs
- 4 Slices of Brennan’s Be Good Bread
- 4 Slices of Ham
- 40g Spinach
- To make the hollandaise sauce, add the egg yolks, lemon juice & vinegar to a bowl and whisk until frothy. Place the bowl over a pot of boiling water to heat. Continue to whisk until the mixture thickens. Gradually add the butter in whisking consistently.
- Poach the eggs in boiling water for 3 – 4 minutes. To do this, create a whirlpool of simmering water in a pan, then drop the eggs in carefully.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread. Then add some spinach and 2 slices of ham to each piece.
- Top with the pouched eggs and pour the hollandaise sauce on top.