300g Self Raising Flour
40g Chilled Butter (Diced)
160ml Milk & a little extra to brush
1 Tbsp Caster Sugar
250ml Whipped Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar. Add butter. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Make a well in the center. Pour in the milk and mix until it comes together.
4. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out until it’s 1.5cm thick. Use a 6cm heart-shaped cutter dipped in flour to cut 8 hearts from dough. Re-roll remaining dough. Repeat cutting to make 4 more scones. Transfer to the lined tray.
5. Brush tops with extra milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and scones sound hollow when tapped. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
6. Serve with strawberry jam and whipped cream.