- 2 Donegal Catch Salmon Fillets
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder / 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 100g Fine Breadcrumbs
- 2-3 Tablespoons Rapeseed Oil (For Frying)
1. Remove the skin from the salmon, then place the fillets into a food processor along with the lemon juice, thyme leaves, garlic powder and one egg. Whizz until the mixture is smooth.
2. Using a spoon, add in the flour and mix until the salmon starts to resemble a sticky dough.
3. To make into fish shapes, take a tablespoon of the fish mixture and roll it into a circle on a floured surface, press down to flatten, then using your fingers shape the end into a fish tail. Repeat until the fish mixture is completely used up.
5. Whisk the other egg, using a pastry brush coat the fish pieces with egg, then sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Flip them and repeat on opposite side.
6. Heat some oil in a pan and fry both sides of the nuggets until golden brown.
7. Serve with your choice of sides.