2 Donegal Catch Salmon Fillets (defrosted)
Juice of ½ Lemon
4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme Leaves
1 Tsp Garlic Powder / 1 Clove of Garlic
4 Tbsp Plain Flour
2 Tbsp Plain Flour
1 Egg Whisked
100g Fine Breadcrumbs
2-3 Tablespoons Rapeseed Oil (For Frying)
1. Remove the skin from the salmon, then place the fillets into a food processor along with the lemon juice, thyme leaves, garlic powder and egg. Whizz up until the mixture is really smooth.
2. Using a spoon, add in the flour and stir until the salmon starts to resemble a sticky dough.
3. To make into fish shapes, add 2 tablespoons of flour onto a plate, then rub your hands with flour to prevent the dough from sticking to them.
4. Take a tablespoon of the fish mixture and roll into a circle on the plate completely coating it in flour, press down to flatten, then using your finger shape the end into a fish tail. Repeat until the fish mixture is completely used up.
5. Use a pastry brush to coat the fish pieces with egg, then sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Then flip them over, coat the opposite side with egg and add breadcrumbs.
6. Heat the rapeseed oil in a pan and fry both sides of the nuggets until golden brown.
7. Serve with your choice of sides.