For the sponge:
- 100 g Meadowbrook Farm butter (softened)
- 175 g Gem Demerara sugar
- 2 large Costcutter eggs
- 225 g Fitzgerald’s self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tbsp Lyles black treacle
- 275 ml Meadowbrook Farm full fat milk
For the caramel sauce:
- 100 g Meadowbrook Farm butter
- 125 g Gem Demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp Lyles black treacle
- 250 ml double cream
- 50 ml Meadowbrook Farm full fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- To make the sponge, mix all the ingredients except the milk together in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the milk and continue to mix with an electric mixer on low until all ingredients are completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a wide tin and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- To make the sauce, place all the ingredients in a saucepan, put on a low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the butter melts.
- Turn up the heat and allow to simmer for 1 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Remove the puddings from the oven. Leave in the tins for a few minutes, then loosen the sides with a knife before turning them out.
- Serve the sticky toffee pudding warm with the caramel sauce drizzled over it.