• 150g Keeling Strawberries, diced
• 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
• 1 Tbsp Caster Sugar
• 350g Plain Flour
• 132g Caster Sugar
• 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
• Pinch of salt
• 113g Unsalted Butter, cut into cubes
• 1 Egg
• 210ml Double Cream
• 3 Tbsp Double Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper. Place the strawberries, lemon juice and the 1 Tbsp of caster sugar into a small bowl and stir until all the strawberries are coated in the sugar. Leave to one side.
2. Place the flour, caster sugar, baking powder, salt and butter into a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Drain the strawberries in a sieve and add them into the mixture. Also add in the egg and 210ml of cream. Gently fold the mixture together with a wooden spoon. Add extra cream 1tbsp at a time if required. Continue to bring the mixture together until you have one large lump of dough.
4. Take about 1.5 Tbsp of the mixture and roll it into a ball using your hands. Repeat for the rest of the mixture. Place them 2 inches apart on your trays. Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden around the edge and they look set in the middle. If they’re a little soft in the middle that is fine.
5. Leave to cool on the trays completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.