- Meadowbrook Farm Sponge
- 135g Chivers Strawberry / Raspberry jelly
- 410g Tin Fruit Cocktail (drained, keeping the juice)
- 500g Bird’s Custard
- 170ml Avonmore Original Whipped Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Sherry (optional)
- Fresh / Frozen Fruit, Grated Milk Chocolate, Sprinkles or Nuts
1. First things first, Dissolve jelly in 300ml of boiling water, stirring well. Bring up to 600ml with the reserved juice, sherry if used, and water.
2. Slice Sponge into fingers and arrange on the base of a large glass bowl.
3. Pour over the jelly mixture, press down well with the back of a spoon and smooth the top. Allow this to set.
4. Place the fruit cocktail on top of the jelly and sponge layer, then pour over the custard and spread evenly, next spread over the whipped cream and finally top with preferred topping.