Our traditional Christmas Trifle recipe is sure to become a festive favourite this winter. Enjoy!
- Meadowbrook Farm Sponge
- 135g Chivers Strawberry / Raspberry Jelly
- 415g Tin Fruit Cocktail (drained, keeping the juice)
- 500g Bird’s Custard
- 170ml Avonmore Original Whipped Cream
- 4 Tablespoons of Sherry (Optional)
- Fresh or Frozen Fruit
- Grated Milk Chocolate
- Sprinkles or Nuts
- Dissolve the Chivers Strawberry / Raspberry Jelly in 300ml of boiling water, stirring well. Bring up to 600ml with the reserved juice, sherry (if used) and water.
- Slice the Meadowbrook Farm Sponge into fingers and arrange in the base of a large glass bowl.
- Pour the jelly mixture, press down well with the back of a spoon and smooth the top. Allow it to set
- Place the fruit cocktail on top of the jelly and sponge layer, then pour over the custard and spread evenly.
- Spread the whipped cream and finally top with your topping of choice.